Friday 26 June 2009 | 12:36 p.m.
Today we wanted to let you know about a new enhancement to how Google Analytics and AdWords work together. You can now see your Google Analytics conversion metrics within your AdWords account by importing your goals or transactions directly into AdWords.
This integration lets you easily see the Return on Investment from your AdWords campaigns directly inside the AdWords interface, therefore allowing you to optimise your ads and keywords based on Google Analytics data. In the past, you needed to separately install AdWords Conversion Tracking to do this.
- Make sure you have linked Google AdWords and Analytics. If you have not done so already visit this help centre article.
- Enable data sharing within your Google Analytics account to allow Analytics and AdWords to work together.
- Ensure you have goals set up in Google Analytics and they have completed conversions via traffic form AdWords.
Just follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the "Conversion Tracking" page from within your AdWords account.
- Click "Link your Analytics goals and transactions" from the Conversion Tracking table (only visible if you met the above requirements)
- Select the Goals or Transactions you want from the list.
- Edit the action name so you can identify the goals in your AdWords reports.
- Select "Link" from the bottom of the table to finish.
Your imported Goals and Transactions will show up in your account, along with AdWords conversion metrics. You can use this data to see which ads, keywords and campaigns are bringing in the best ROI and then optimise your campaigns based on this information.
Drive AdWords ROI with Conversion Optimizer
One of the benefits of importing your Google Analytics Goals and Transactions into AdWords is that you can use them with the Conversion Optimizer, an AdWords CPA bidding tool that has been shown to help advertisers get more conversions from AdWords.
Conversion Optimizer makes it a lot easier to manage your AdWords bidding and maximize results. Find out how one of our AdWords advertisers benefited from implementing Conversion Optimiser in our Success Stories pages.
We hope you find this new enhancement to how AdWords and Google Analytics work together useful. Please let us know if you have any feedback.